Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Sweet and Sour Chicken from the BHG Crocker Cookbook.
Make and share this Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 carrots, cut up
- 1 large cut up green pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut up
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 -3 lbs frozen meaty chicken, on bone, skinned
- 8 ounces unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- Put vegetables in crock pot.
- Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine undrained pineapple, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, bouillon granules and ginger.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and chicken.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
Everybody loved it. I had to subsitute mandarine oranges for the pineapple (since my mom won't touch anything with pineapple in it) but it was still a hit. I imagine it would have been wonderful with the pineapple. Thank you for submiting the yummy recipe.