4 hrs 55 mins
4 hrs 45 mins
Easy go to work and come home to dinner recipe. Add potatoes when you add the carrots (if there is room) if you wish but I prefer mashed potatoes or noodles. Tasty but not too spicy. Add more hot sauce if you want it hotter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs beef short ribs, boneless & trimmed
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 onion, sliced 1/2-inch slices
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peri-peri or 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic or 3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 6 large carrots
- 1Brown your ribs.
- 2Place all the ingredients except ribs& carrots in a crock pot, stir well.
- 3Place browned ribs in crock pot.
- 4Cover turn on high for 30 minutes.
- 5Turn to low and cook 3 1/2 hours.
- 6Add carrots cut into 3-inch pieces.
- 7Turn heat to medium and allow about 45 minutes for the carrots to cook.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Short Ribs With Hoisin & Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1545.2
- Calories from Fat 1122
- Total Fat 124.7 g
- Saturated Fat 53.8 g
- Cholesterol 258.9 mg
- Sodium 994.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 58.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: