Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 45 mins
Easy go to work and come home to dinner recipe. Add potatoes when you add the carrots (if there is room) if you wish but I prefer mashed potatoes or noodles. Tasty but not too spicy. Add more hot sauce if you want it hotter
- 3 lbs beef short ribs, boneless & trimmed
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 onion, sliced 1/2-inch slices
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peri-peri or 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic or 3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 6 large carrots
- Brown your ribs.
- Place all the ingredients except ribs& carrots in a crock pot, stir well.
- Place browned ribs in crock pot.
- Cover turn on high for 30 minutes.
- Turn to low and cook 3 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots cut into 3-inch pieces.
- Turn heat to medium and allow about 45 minutes for the carrots to cook.
Great recipe with wonderful flavor. The only drawback was it was a little on the watery side, and I might try going with a second can of black beans next time. Everything got even better the next day.