Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook4 hrs 45 mins
Easy go to work and come home to dinner recipe. Add potatoes when you add the carrots (if there is room) if you wish but I prefer mashed potatoes or noodles. Tasty but not too spicy. Add more hot sauce if you want it hotter
- 3 lbs beef short ribs, boneless & trimmed
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 onion, sliced 1/2-inch slices
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peri-peri or 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic or 3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 6 large carrots
- Brown your ribs.
- Place all the ingredients except ribs& carrots in a crock pot, stir well.
- Place browned ribs in crock pot.
- Cover turn on high for 30 minutes.
- Turn to low and cook 3 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots cut into 3-inch pieces.
- Turn heat to medium and allow about 45 minutes for the carrots to cook.
Great recipe with wonderful flavor. The only drawback was it was a little on the watery side, and I might try going with a second can of black beans next time. Everything got even better the next day.