Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Tasty Chinese dish made in the crock pot!
Make and share this Crock Pot Chinese Chicken With Pineapple recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat crock pot on high.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken on all sides, transfer to crock pot.
- Mix all remaining ingredients, except the cornstarch, into the skillet and heat through, stirring well, transfer to crock pot.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook for 8 hours until chicken is tender, depending on your crock pot.
- Half an hour before serving, blend the cornstarch with a little water and stir into the crock pot to thicken sauce.
- Serve on rice.
I would add a minimal amount of broth next time and toss the chicken in the sauce. Sorry. Just way too bland for my family.
Very easy and delicious! I added zucchini too, and will probably add even more veggies next time. At the end I ladled out the sauce and boiled it on the stove for a while to thicken it up. It still didn't get too thick but was very flavorful. I have recommended this to several friends already!
This was alright. I used reduced sodium soy sauce and sodium less chicken broth, which is probably why it was less flavorful than others experienced. My husband and I are anti excessive salt people and I think this would have been one of the times it would have made a positive difference. I also threw in the frozen breasts like others did and by the time it was done the chicken was really tender. We might try it again but we aren't in any hurry.