Prep 12 mins
Cook 6 hrs
If you feel like a Chinese type dinner, this is a good one.
Make and share this Crock Pot Cantonese Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork steak, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Brown meat in oil; place in crock pot.
- Mix remaining ingredients and add to pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over rice.
Wonderful dish! And it was so nice to have it done and the kitchen already clean. I served it over rice. At the last minute I decided to add about 1/2 cup of roasted cashews to give it a bit of crunch, and that worked really well. Definitely 5 stars! This one goes in my cookbook!
...plus 5, plus 5!!!! I LOVED this dish!! I used boneless pork chops and left them whole. I followed the recipe exactly, but added some garlic powder and black pepper to the sauce. I also doubled the mushrooms. I can't wait to make this again!! I think next time I will double the sauce and add a bunch of veggies (carrots, water chestnuts, celery, and maybe some broccoli) Thank you so much for a great and easy dish!! ~Manda
We enjoyed this dish that we served with rice. I added baby carrots, fresh mushrooms and used garlic salt instead of regular salt. Although the taste was excellent there was a little too much broth for our taste, so I will thicken it a little next time.