Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this recipe because I cannot eat wheat gluten and wanted a crispy fried noodle. Most store-bought crispy noodles are wheat-based. Also, it is fun and easy to make these and they are very decorative and versatile. Can be seasoned with salt if desired, or can be dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon for an interesting treat!
- Heat oil in a skillet to about 370°F.
- Mix together egg, water, rice flour.
- Put batter into a pastry bag with a narrow tip and extrude into the hot oil making zigzag, spiral, or flower petal formations- try to maintain a steady flow to create a single noodle with a decorative design.
- Fry until stiff, then flip the whole noodle with a metal spatula and fry until desired crispness.
- Using the spatula, remove the noodle from oil to a plate with towels or paper towels to allow oil to drain.