Catfish Charlie's Note:
I made this recipe because I cannot eat wheat gluten and wanted a crispy fried noodle. Most store-bought crispy noodles are wheat-based. Also, it is fun and easy to make these and they are very decorative and versatile. Can be seasoned with salt if desired, or can be dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon for an interesting treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a skillet to about 370°F.
- 2Mix together egg, water, rice flour.
- 3Put batter into a pastry bag with a narrow tip and extrude into the hot oil making zigzag, spiral, or flower petal formations- try to maintain a steady flow to create a single noodle with a decorative design.
- 4Fry until stiff, then flip the whole noodle with a metal spatula and fry until desired crispness.
- 5Using the spatula, remove the noodle from oil to a plate with towels or paper towels to allow oil to drain.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Fried Rice Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.0
- Calories from Fat 664
- Total Fat 73.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 11.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g