Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Better than take out IMHO.
Make and share this Crispy Chilli Beef With Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- oil, for frying
- 1 1⁄4 lbs beef steaks, sliced into thin strips and tossed with 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, slice the florets
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 6 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce, mixed with 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- Heat a 2.5in depth of oil in a wok until very hot.
- Fry the steak in batches until dark and crisp.
- Pour off most of the oil and stir-fry the broccoli, garlic, ginger and chili for 1 minute.
- Tip in the sweetened soy sauce and lime juice and cook for 2 minutes. Toss in the beef and scallions and serve.