Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Kylie Kwong recipe. Have not tried as yet but her food is fantastic.
Make and share this Crisp King Prawns With Honey Garlic Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 800 g about 16 green king prawns, peeled, veins removed, tails intact
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 80 ml vegetable oil
Honey and garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (see note)
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing rice wine
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons light soy sauce
- Combine cornflour with 2 tsp water in a large bowl, add prawns, soy sauce, egg yolk and sesame oil and mix to combine.
- For honey and garlic sauce, combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat, add half the prawns and cook for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer prawns to an absorbent paper-lined plate and repeat with remaining prawns.
- Carefully drain oil from wok and wipe clean with absorbent paper. Heat wok over medium heat, add honey and garlic sauce and simmer for 1½ minutes, then add prawns and cook for 30 seconds or until prawns are hot. Serve immediately.