Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
A firm favourite from the Chinese restaurant that you can make at home in minutes. This is the cheats version, so easy and tasty. This recipe uses crab sticks, not whole crab, and a few crab claws. Makes a great starter to your Chinese meal. If you don't have crab claws, a few peeled prawns also work well with this dish.
- 1 pint chicken stock (can be made with a cube or two )
- 150 g tinned sweetcorn
- 6 imitation crab sticks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 crab claws, cracked open
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Boil the stock and add all the other ingredients EXCEPT for the egg.
- Let cook for five minutes, stir in the egg.
- I said it was easy !
Was really tempted to exclude the crab claws, but was very happy that I didn't, 'cause my guests went ape over them ~ Go figure! I guess I just don't always have my eye on the ball when it comes to presentation! GREAT TASTING SOUP, & a definite keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Let's Get Souped Up Tag]