Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love cold sesame noodles from the Chinese restaurant. Try this as a main dish or serve with teriyaki marinated chicken skewers for the meat eaters.
- 3⁄4 lb udon noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 bunch chopped scallion
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blanched snow peas
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese-style dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (or substitute with 1/2 tsp cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- toasted black & sesame seeds
- cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions and cool.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, tahini, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili oil, vinegar, water and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes to marry flavors, then remove from heat and cool.
- Combine noodles, sauce, peanuts, snow peas, cucumber, scallions and carrots.
- Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.