Queen of Everything's Note:
I love cold sesame noodles from the Chinese restaurant. Try this as a main dish or serve with teriyaki marinated chicken skewers for the meat eaters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb udon noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 bunch chopped scallion
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blanched snow peas
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese-style dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (or substitute with 1/2 tsp cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup water
- toasted black & sesame seeds
- cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions and cool.
- 2Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, tahini, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili oil, vinegar, water and ginger in a small saucepan.
- 3Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes to marry flavors, then remove from heat and cool.
- 4Combine noodles, sauce, peanuts, snow peas, cucumber, scallions and carrots.
- 5Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Sesame Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.0
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1518.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil