Your Gourmet Girlfriend's Note:
Very good simple cold noodles. No peanuts used here. A delicious sesame flavored dish. I LOVE cold noodles and these really satisfy me. Use Shrimp in place of the chicken and ham!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked (I poach mine, cut into julenne strips)
- 5 ounces ham, sliced works fine, cut into julienne strips
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil (or to taste)
- 1Try to julienne ham, chicken and onions about the same sizes, 2 inches or so.
- 2Combine the chicken, ham, scallions and pecans in a large mixing bowl. Add the pasta.
- 3Heat the vegetable and sesame oils and sesame seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat just until the sesame seeds turn light brown.
- 4Remove from the heat. Stir in the coriander and soy sauce. Stand back as you do this for the mixture will crackle and sizzle. Stir in the chili oil.
- 5Pour the hot dressing over the noodles and toss to coat evenly. Transfer the noodles to a serving bowl put in fridge to cool, about 3 hours.
- 6Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Chinese Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1467.4
- Calories from Fat 964
- Total Fat 107.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 3580.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil