Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very good simple cold noodles. No peanuts used here. A delicious sesame flavored dish. I LOVE cold noodles and these really satisfy me. Use Shrimp in place of the chicken and ham!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked (I poach mine, cut into julenne strips)
- 5 ounces ham, sliced works fine, cut into julienne strips
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into julienne strips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil (or to taste)
- Try to julienne ham, chicken and onions about the same sizes, 2 inches or so.
- Combine the chicken, ham, scallions and pecans in a large mixing bowl. Add the pasta.
- Heat the vegetable and sesame oils and sesame seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat just until the sesame seeds turn light brown.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the coriander and soy sauce. Stand back as you do this for the mixture will crackle and sizzle. Stir in the chili oil.
- Pour the hot dressing over the noodles and toss to coat evenly. Transfer the noodles to a serving bowl put in fridge to cool, about 3 hours.
- Enjoy :).