I believe this recipe is adapted from a Chinese cookbook, I can't remember which one. Usually i just do it from memory. It's really simple, just dump and turn on the rice cooker, and EAT!
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (may omit if unavailable)
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken (cut to bite sized pieces)
- 10 slices Chinese sausage (may substitute with other sausages in a pinch)
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 tablespoons deep-fried shallots (optional)
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped (optional)
- Wash the rice, then stir in the rest of the ingredients except for the garnishes.
- Cook the mixture in a rice-cooker as you normally would for rice.
- Garnish the cooked rice with the shallots and spring onion.
- If you like, drizzle a little more dark soy sauce over and serve.