1/1 Photo of Clay Pot Chicken Rice - Without the Clay Pot!
I believe this recipe is adapted from a Chinese cookbook, I can't remember which one. Usually i just do it from memory. It's really simple, just dump and turn on the rice cooker, and EAT!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (may omit if unavailable)
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken (cut to bite sized pieces)
- 10 slices Chinese sausage (may substitute with other sausages in a pinch)
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1Wash the rice, then stir in the rest of the ingredients except for the garnishes.
- 2Cook the mixture in a rice-cooker as you normally would for rice.
- 3Garnish the cooked rice with the shallots and spring onion.
- 4If you like, drizzle a little more dark soy sauce over and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clay Pot Chicken Rice - Without the Clay Pot!
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1003.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken