This chicken comes out very tender. Not sure where the recipe came from. I think it was probably an email.
- In a non-metal bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade, mix well, and marinate the pieces of chicken for at least half a day, turning frequently.
- When ready to cook, presoak pot, top and bottom, in water for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the marinade to the pot.
- Place covered pot in a cold oven.
- Set temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Cook 45 minutes.
- Ten minutes before end of cooking time, remove the pot and pour off the liquid into a saucepan.
- Return the pot to the oven, uncovered, for the final 10 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, bring the liquid in saucepan to a boil and thicken with cornstarch.
- Serve with rice, liberally drenched with the sauce.
- For an optional Chinese touch, sprinkle the chicken with almonds and sesame seeds.