1/4 Photos of Clay Pot Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
This chicken comes out very tender. Not sure where the recipe came from. I think it was probably an email.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non-metal bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade, mix well, and marinate the pieces of chicken for at least half a day, turning frequently.
- 2When ready to cook, presoak pot, top and bottom, in water for 15 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken and the marinade to the pot.
- 4Place covered pot in a cold oven.
- 5Set temperature to 450 degrees F.
- 6Cook 45 minutes.
- 7Ten minutes before end of cooking time, remove the pot and pour off the liquid into a saucepan.
- 8Return the pot to the oven, uncovered, for the final 10 minutes of cooking.
- 9Meanwhile, bring the liquid in saucepan to a boil and thicken with cornstarch.
- 10Serve with rice, liberally drenched with the sauce.
- 11For an optional Chinese touch, sprinkle the chicken with almonds and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clay Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.2
- Calories from Fat 545
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 273.7 mg
- Sodium 1261.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 66.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder