yummy chinese bakery pastry from http://kuali.com/recipes/viewrecipe.asp?r=2258
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g winter melon, strips, candied, chopped
- 60 g sesame seeds, toasted
- 65 g caster sugar
- 80 g glutinous-rice flour, cooked (koh fun)
- 120 ml water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 150 g high-protein flour, sifted
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 100 g shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 ml water
- 1 egg, beaten with 1/8 tsp salt
- 1Preheat oven at 180°C.
- 2Mix filling ingredients. Divide into 60g portions.
- 3Mix water dough ingredients. Set aside for 1/2 hour. Divide into as many pieces as there are filling portions.
- 4Mix flour and shortening. Place in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1/2 hour. Divide into portions also.
- 5Wrap oil dough in water dough. Roll flat into round pieces.
- 6Place filling in dough and flatten. Brush egg glaze.
- 7Place cakes on greased cookie sheet and bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Wife Cake (Lo Paw Bang)
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.4
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 8.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: