Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made these last night to go with a duck curry. I used a bunch of asparagus, two bunches of baby bok choy quartered, and a bunch of broccolini. You can also use choy sum or gai larn or any combination of all the above. I didn't know the weight of the veg, so I doubled the sauce to be sure I had enough. This is the original recipe. Cut different veg in half or thirds so they are roughly equal lengths. Remember an Aus tablespoon is 4 teaspoons.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Wash the greens and remove any tough leaves or trim asparagus of woody bottoms etc.
- Add the greens to the pan and cook for one to two minutes or until just tender but very crisp and bright green.
- Remove them from the pan and drain well, place them on a heated platter.
- Heat the peanut oil in a small pan and cook garlic briefly. Add the reaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Pour over the greens and toss to coat.
- Serve at once.