1/5 Photos of Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry
Charlotte J's Note:
My daughter found this on ABCNEWS.com and has made it several times now. Sometimes we are missing an ingredient the recipe calls for so we just add something different. We use a 4 ounce can of sliced mushrooms instead of the shitake. We also use frozen broccoli and snow peas to speed this recipe up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup julienned carrot
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, ends trimmed
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, slivered
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1Make 2 cups of rice as instructed on package and keep hot.
- 2Heat wok over medium heat and add the oil, increase to medium-high heat.
- 3Add the broccoli and water, stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green.
- 4Add carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- 5In small bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth and cornstarch; mix well to dissolve.
- 6Add to wok and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- 7Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 461.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g