1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These pickles will keep in the fridge for about 4-5 days and make a great addition to an appetizer tray or as a side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss the cucumber wedges with the salt and let them stand in a bowl for 20 minutes.
- 2Drain the cucumbers in a colander, rinse them under cold water, and pat them dry on paper towels.In a bowl dissolve the sugar in the vinegar, stirring, add the cucumbers, and toss them to coat them with the mixture.
- 3In a small skillet heat the sesame oil and the vegetable oil over moderately high heat until the oil is just smoking, add the gingerroot and the redpepper flakes, and stir fry the mixture for 5 - 10 seconds, or until the red pepper flakes are several shades darker.
- 4Remove the skillet from the heat and let the oil cool to room termperature.
- 5Pour the spiced oil over the cucumbers, toss the mixture well and let it marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 6Refrigerate and cover, stirring occasionally. Use within 5 days.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Style Spicy Pickled Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1399.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: