Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is home-style Chinese cooking that is easy and tasty. Get the Chinese sausage (Larp Chong) from a Chinese grocery store. The sausage gives the flavor to the chicken therefore it's a must in this recipe.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger juice, fresh squeezed
- 4 dried mushrooms, soaked
- 4 Chinese sausage, thinly sliced (Larp Chong)
- Chop chicken into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken with soy sauce, sugar, salt, cornstarch, sherry wine, and ginger juice.
- Remove stems from mushrooms that have been soaked and softened. Slice into long pieces.
- Stir mushrooms and larp chong into chicken.
- Put mixture into a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- Steam over boiling water for 25 minutes or cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high power for 13 - 16 minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
I've tried this a few times now and it's very authentic - just like my local restaurant. I did change it a little. 1 tablespoon of shaoshing rice wine instead of sherry. 2 slices of ginger placed on the top when steaming instead of ginger juice 1 tablespoon of chopped spring onions (added when cooked) for garnish I used light soy as this was more to my taste. I also placed the chinese sausage on top of the chicken and steamed for only 12 minutes.