1/10 Photos of Chinese Quick Pickled Radish Salad With Garlic
French Tart's Note:
A fabulous way of adding a bit of colour along with a crisp texture in Chinese cooking; this can be made just before you are ready to serve an Oriental meal, and is one of the nicest ways I know of dressing up the humble radish! You can use red radishes, Chinese white radish - Mooli or even black radishes for this quick pickle. Serve it as an accompaniment for most Chinese or Asian meals. Make sure that whatever type of radishes you use, are fresh, firm and crisp. I prefer the red radishes for colour, but any of the radishes I have suggested work well in this simple pickle. The quantities listed below, will serve about 4 people as a generous condiment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch red radish, about 48 radishes, trimmed of greenery and washed
- 2 tablespoons naturally fermented soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (Cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic granules, NOT garlic salt
- 1Slice the radishes finely. Add all the other ingredients, leaving some coriander (cilantro) leaves for a garnish and mix thoroughly.
- 2Put the radish pickle into an attractive serving dish and just before serving scatter the remaining coriander (cilantro) leaves over the top as a garnish.
- 3Serve with all types of Chinese and Oriental food.
- 4Keeps for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Quick Pickled Radish Salad With Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 503.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: