Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found a basic chinese soup recipe on the internet and made a couple of modifications. The soup came out great, so I decided to post this one.
- 6 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated chicken flavor instant bouillon (can be substituted with canned chicken broth or bouillon cubes, although I don't know the amounts)
- 3 slices pork loin
- Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced paper thin (I use a mandolin)
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- corn oil
- sesame oil
- 1 lime (optional)
- Rub five spice powder on pork and salt liberally.
- Fry the pork and ginger in a wok with a little oil till cooked through.
- Transfer pork onto a cutting board and slice into thin strips.
- Add 6 cups of water to the wok and bring to a boil. The wok does not need to be rinsed out unless you used too much oil.
- Add granuled chicken flavoring, mushrooms and carrots. Boil till the vegetables are cooked.
- Turn heat off. Add pork strips and sesame oil to taste. Lime juice can be added, too, if you want the soup to be a little sour.
- Serve into individual bowls with cilantro.