Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Although others have said that their recipes for Chinese Fried Rice is authentic, that is really an impossibility, because different Chinese cooks prepare it slightly differently, so what is authentic? I have seen recipes that did not contain sesame oil, yet most Chinese dishes of any kind contain some sesame oil. I have seen other recipes where they just scramble the eggs, yet the eggs should be incorporated by using a back and forth action with a fork. Try this easy recipe and I am sure you will like the results.
- In a small pot bring the water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover with a lid and set aside.
- Cut the pork into tiny diced pieces.
- In a large skillet, place the vegetable oil over medium-high heat and get it hot. Place onions into skillet and fry until almost transparent. Add the peas and carrots, stirring until thawed and heated thoroughly.
- The rice should now be ready. Pour rice into skillet. Add the diced pork, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- In a small bowl, with a fork, beat the eggs well. Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the rice mixture, constantly stirring with a fork in a back and forth action, rather than a circular action. You do not want the eggs to solidify like scrambled eggs or fried eggs.
- You could omit the pork and have just Chinese Fried Rice.