Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Pepper Steak recipe that does not call for tomatoes and as some of you know I do not like tomatoes. This is a very tasty dish that after the overnight marinade it is quite easy to do. Marinading is not included in prep or cooking time. Enjoy!!!
- Partially freeze steak; slice across grain into 2 x 1/4 inches strips and set aside.
- Combine next 6 ingredients in a shallow container, mixing well; add steak.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Pour oil around top of preheated wok, coating sides; allow to heat at medium high (325 degrees) for 1 minute.
- Add steak mixture; stirfry 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce heat to low (225 degrees).
- Stir in green pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until crisp-tender.
- Serve over rice with additional soy sauce, if desired.
This is really tasty, I used 700gms rump steak and one green pepper and one yellow pepper. It really is so much easier slicing that meat when it's partially frozen. DH's comment whilst eating was 'mmmm this meat is tasty' Thanks for sharing.
My husband and daughter loved this dish! I served it with brown rice and green beans. Thanks for a easy, quick, delicous dinner!