Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great pepper steak recipe with simple ingredients. My dad loves this...says it is better than any he has ever had in restaurants. Good served with egg rolls on the side.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- hot cooked rice
- Cut meat across grain into 1/2-inch thick slices, then slice again in lengthwise pieces.
- Brown meat in oil in large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and 1 cup water to browned meat.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Add green pepper strips, onions, and celery.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes longer.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water and stir until smooth.
- Stir into meat mixture with remaining ingredients, except rice.
- Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Serve over rice.