1 hr 20 mins
Great pepper steak recipe with simple ingredients. My dad loves this...says it is better than any he has ever had in restaurants. Good served with egg rolls on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- hot cooked rice
- 1Cut meat across grain into 1/2-inch thick slices, then slice again in lengthwise pieces.
- 2Brown meat in oil in large skillet or Dutch oven.
- 3Add garlic, tomatoes, and 1 cup water to browned meat.
- 4Cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- 5Add green pepper strips, onions, and celery.
- 6Cover and cook 15 minutes longer.
- 7In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water and stir until smooth.
- 8Stir into meat mixture with remaining ingredients, except rice.
- 9Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- 10Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.4
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 171.7 mg
- Sodium 1894.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 60.6 g