Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My neighbor from Shangai just came over to teach me this recipe. She says she always makes it for potlucks and everybody loves it. I can see why.
- 2 cups roasted peanuts (if peanuts are not roasted, see * below.)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 inches gingerroot, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup soybean paste, sweetened (found in Asian markets)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Fry garlic and ginger on medium-high heat until beginning to brown. Add green onion and let fry for half a minute.
- Add chicken cubes and turn up the heat to high, stir-frying until opaque.
- Turn heat back down to medium. Toss in peanuts and soybean paste, stirring to coat.
- Sprinkle sugar over the mixture and stir for a minute or two longer.
- Serve with rice.
- *If your peanuts are not roasted, put them in an oven preheated at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Stir once before done. Take them out before completely roasted because they continue to cook once out of the oven.