Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just 'adopted' this recipe from the 'orphaned' recipe list - will be making and tweaking this soon. Sounds like a lovely recipe.
- 1 lb precooked shanghai noodles
- 1 dash sesame oil (for noodles)
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, shelled deveined
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped ((cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon egg white
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (not olive)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and add shrimp.
- Blanch the noodles, rinse under cool water and sprinkle with sesame seed oil, toss, and set aside. (You may want to trim noodles with scissors to about 4 inches in length, to make serving easier.) Blanch whole snow peas and set aside.
- Heat wok, add 1 tablespoon oil, when oil is hot, add shrimp and stir-fry until pink; set aside.
- DRESSING: In a blender or food processor, mix ginger, garlic, egg yolk, egg white, and lemon.
- Slowly drizzle in oil.
- Mix in soy and cream; set aside.
- Toss noodles, shrimps, and snow peas.
- Mix in dressing to taste.
- Garnish with scallions and coriander.
- Serve at room temperature.
I just made the dressing part of this recipe to use on a green salad served with grilled salmon. I added a little more cream to thin it out some, and only used a tablespoon of sesame oil. Also added a little salt. It was absolutely delicious!