This recipe comes from a Chinese friend. Simple and delicious especially when she made it!
Make and share this Chinese New Year Whole Fish With Sweet and Sour Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg fish, cleaned and scaled
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh ginger
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- Score the fish flesh, cutting 3-4 diagonal slits through to the bone on both sides.
- Season with salt rubbing the salt into the cuts.
- Cook under a preheated grill 4 minutes each side. Alternatively bbq it.
- Meanwhile heat a wok, add a little oil, add ginger, chilli and vegetables tossing well over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy and oyster sauces, sugar, vinegar and sesame oil and bring to the boil.
- In a bowl mix cornflour to a smooth paste with some cold water, add to the pan and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Place fish on serving platter and spoon sauce and vegetables over the top.