1/3 Photos of Chinese New Year Whole Fish With Sweet and Sour Vegetables
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
This recipe comes from a Chinese friend. Simple and delicious especially when she made it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg fish, cleaned and scaled
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh ginger
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1Score the fish flesh, cutting 3-4 diagonal slits through to the bone on both sides.
- 2Season with salt rubbing the salt into the cuts.
- 3Cook under a preheated grill 4 minutes each side. Alternatively bbq it.
- 4Meanwhile heat a wok, add a little oil, add ginger, chilli and vegetables tossing well over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add soy and oyster sauces, sugar, vinegar and sesame oil and bring to the boil.
- 6In a bowl mix cornflour to a smooth paste with some cold water, add to the pan and simmer until sauce thickens.
- 7Place fish on serving platter and spoon sauce and vegetables over the top.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese New Year Whole Fish With Sweet and Sour Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1138.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: