Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 48 mins
Don't let the long instructions fool you. This isn't hard, and it's very, very good!
Make and share this Chinese Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean pork, ground
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp, minced
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 whole green onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, TOTAL
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar, TOTAL
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, TOTAL
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 napa cabbage
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine pork, shrimp, water chestnuts, ginger, green onion, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, wine, salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 Tbsp cornstarch, and egg.
- Make twelve meatballs.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add meatballs; cook 6-8 minutes, until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer meatballs to 5-qt saucepan; discard drippings.
- Add chicken broth, 2 Tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, core cabbage. Cut base of leaves into 2" squares.
- Cut leafy tops in half.
- Place over meatballs; cover and simmer 10 minutes more. Transfer meatballs and cabbage to serving platter.
- Blend 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 3 Tbsp water, and stir into pan juices cooking until slightly thickened.
- Add sesame oil and serve over meatballs.
Served atop some rice this was a delightful meal that was enjoyed by my DH and I... Just delicious!
I had some shrimp I had to use up and decided to try my hand at these, and they were delicious!
I love making meatballs and these sounded so good. I am sure happy I made them, as they were enjoyed by the family very much!