This is great served with jasmine rice. If you like a lot of sauce you might want to double it.
Make and share this Chinese Lemon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (I use more)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- cornstarch, for dipping
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix together the egg, 1T cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Place in a gallon size ziplock with the chicken and allow to marinade 10 minutes or more.
- Heat oil in pan -- while it is heating dip each piece in additional cornstarch and place in frypan cooking till done and golden brown.
- Mix first 4 sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Add water, juice, and ketchup whisking to prevent lumps.
- Cook till thick and clear and serve with chicken over rice or use as dipping sauce and "chicken nuggets".
- Cook time is approximate.
I've been making this recipe for years- think I got it out of a newspaper long ago and am glad to see it here. I made it last night per a request as I hadn't made it for ages. I'd forgotten how good it is! I use fresh lemon juice and find the amount of sauce is just right. The chicken is nice and tender as well. Thanks so much for posting this.
This is a good recipe, but I think as another reviewer mentioned using fresh lemon juice is the way to go. This was an easy recipe and my family enjoyed it. Thanks for the recipe
This is a perfect dish! I cannot believe how good this was! We served this up with fried rice, my BF used Chinese Fried Rice, which is so good aswel, Best to serve them beside each other than chicken on top because they both are pact with flavour. I also added babycorn, red and green capsican, and carrot into the sauce as chantel suggests. I do suggest adding a little more cornflour to the sauce to thicken it up a bit. This recipe i will keep by my side for years to come. Thank you! ... We also served The Most Awesome Apple Dumplings for dessert another recipe i would reccomend.