This is great served with jasmine rice. If you like a lot of sauce you might want to double it.
Make and share this Chinese Lemon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (I use more)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- cornstarch, for dipping
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix together the egg, 1T cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Place in a gallon size ziplock with the chicken and allow to marinade 10 minutes or more.
- Heat oil in pan -- while it is heating dip each piece in additional cornstarch and place in frypan cooking till done and golden brown.
- Mix first 4 sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Add water, juice, and ketchup whisking to prevent lumps.
- Cook till thick and clear and serve with chicken over rice or use as dipping sauce and "chicken nuggets".
- Cook time is approximate.