Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great served with jasmine rice. If you like a lot of sauce you might want to double it.
Make and share this Chinese Lemon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (I use more)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- cornstarch, for dipping
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix together the egg, 1T cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Place in a gallon size ziplock with the chicken and allow to marinade 10 minutes or more.
- Heat oil in pan -- while it is heating dip each piece in additional cornstarch and place in frypan cooking till done and golden brown.
- Mix first 4 sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Add water, juice, and ketchup whisking to prevent lumps.
- Cook till thick and clear and serve with chicken over rice or use as dipping sauce and "chicken nuggets".
- Cook time is approximate.
I've been making this recipe for years- think I got it out of a newspaper long ago and am glad to see it here. I made it last night per a request as I hadn't made it for ages. I'd forgotten how good it is! I use fresh lemon juice and find the amount of sauce is just right. The chicken is nice and tender as well. Thanks so much for posting this.
This was absolutely delicious, and has put me off going to the local Chinese restaurants here in Spain, as their food seems very bland in comparison
This is a good recipe, but I think as another reviewer mentioned using fresh lemon juice is the way to go. This was an easy recipe and my family enjoyed it. Thanks for the recipe