1/3 Photos of Chinese Kung Pao Chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 medium Thai peppers (as many as you like, I use about 8)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into bite size squares (leave them out if you don't like them)
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite size pieces (if you leave out the peppers, perhaps increase the onions)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into bite size pieces on the diagonal
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- 2Combine egg white, corn starch, pepper and soy sauce in a glass bowl.
- 3Add chicken pieces mixing to coat well.
- 4Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Vegetables: Set aside prepared vegetables.
- 6Sauce: Mix all sauce ingredients in a glass bowl and set aside. ) In a wok or large frying pan, stir fry the red peppers in the 1 Tbsp peanut oil over med.-high heat until the peppers are almost golden brown.
- 7Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until the chicken is almost cooked through-add the vegetables and stir-fry a couple of minutes.
- 8Add the sauce mixture and heat for a minute or so.
- 9Serve over rice and sprinkle peanuts over each serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Kung Pao Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.1
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.1 mg
- Sodium 2179.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar