Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 medium Thai peppers (as many as you like, I use about 8)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into bite size squares (leave them out if you don't like them)
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite size pieces (if you leave out the peppers, perhaps increase the onions)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into bite size pieces on the diagonal
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts (such as Planter's Mix)
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine egg white, corn starch, pepper and soy sauce in a glass bowl.
- Add chicken pieces mixing to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Vegetables: Set aside prepared vegetables.
- Sauce: Mix all sauce ingredients in a glass bowl and set aside. ) In a wok or large frying pan, stir fry the red peppers in the 1 Tbsp peanut oil over med.-high heat until the peppers are almost golden brown.
- Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until the chicken is almost cooked through-add the vegetables and stir-fry a couple of minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and heat for a minute or so.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle peanuts over each serving.
This was awesome!!! I didn''t have any dry sherry so I left it out.I also left out the thai peppers (I have small children) and sprinkled dry red pepper flakes on whom ever wanted at the table. I used onions, red pepper, mushrooms, carrot, brocolli and celery and served it over chinese noodles. YUM YUM YUM!!! I also added two cloves of garlic when stir frying my veggies.
I was craving Chinese food but didn't want to order out. This was a wonderful dish that I truly enjoyed. Made along with Chinese Fried Rice and some stir-fried asparagus and I was in heaven. Thanks Janic412 for a great keeper that I will make again! Made for ALL YOU CAN COOK BUFFET Special.
This one is the BEST! The leftovers were also great the next day. Just returned from Taiwan and have been looking for some great Chinese recipes, I tried a couple other ones that were top rated and did not leave any stars or comments. They were just bland or nothing but nasty hot. The only change I made was the Thai peppers I used ten. Thanks for posting this recipe!