Edited recipe from other viewers recomendations
Make and share this Chinese Hot and Sour Pork Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 lb lean pork, julienned
- 2 tablespoons garlic and red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced and stems removed
- 1 cup straw mushroom
- 1 (12 ounce) package cake tofu, 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup dried black fungus, soaked for 1 hour
- scallion, finely chopped, garnish
- Bring stock to a simmer.
- Add soy sauce, pork, mushrooms and chile paste. Simmer for 10 minute.
- Add pepper, vinegar, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, fungus and tofu.
- Simmer 5 minute.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and add.
- Bring back to simmer and pour the eggs in a very thin stream over the surface. Let stand for 10 sec. before stirring in the sesame oil.
- Serve with a garnish of chopped scallions.
- NOTE: The pepper, chile paste and vinegar can be varied for taste. I also omit the pork and use less egg.