1/1 Photo of Chinese Hot and Sour Pork Soup
Nancy Van Ess's Note:
Edited recipe from other viewers recomendations
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 lb lean pork, julienned
- 2 tablespoons garlic and red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoot, julienned
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced and stems removed
- 1 cup straw mushroom
- 1 (12 ounce) package cake tofu, 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dried black fungus, soaked for 1 hour
- scallion, finely chopped, garnish
- 1Bring stock to a simmer.
- 2Add soy sauce, pork, mushrooms and chile paste. Simmer for 10 minute.
- 3Add pepper, vinegar, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, fungus and tofu.
- 4Simmer 5 minute.
- 5Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and add.
- 6Bring back to simmer and pour the eggs in a very thin stream over the surface. Let stand for 10 sec. before stirring in the sesame oil.
- 7Serve with a garnish of chopped scallions.
- 8NOTE: The pepper, chile paste and vinegar can be varied for taste. I also omit the pork and use less egg.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Hot and Sour Pork Soup
Serving Size: 1 (748 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 1459.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and red chile paste
dried black fungus