Yummy chinese chicken wings from the beautiful book 'The Complete Asian Cookbook' by Charmaine Solomon.
- Cut each chicken wing into 3 pieces. Discard wing tips or reserve for stock.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet and fry joints on high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until browned.
- Add soy, honey, wine or sherry, garlic and ginger, stir well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Stir frequently towards end of cooking and make sure the sweet does not burn.
- Serve warm (the book says or at room temperature - I prefer them warm), either with white rice (serves 4) or as a main course for two (served with a cool beer in front of the TV).
- Note: This recipe can use a whole chicken, cut up, instead of only the wings.