Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe that came from our church's first cookbook more than 30 years ago. We like to serve it with cooked rice and a vegetable.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white rice, washed
- 1 can chinese noodles, crisp
- Brown meat in skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients except noodles.
- Stir well and pour into a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle noodles over top and return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Serves 8.