Best I've ever tasted. My husband, who has the stomach flu right now, ate it anyway and loved it. He went back for more! *rofl* Seriously, you won't be dissatisfied. NOTE:______ Please do not use just-cooked rice as you'll end up with a sticky mess. _______
- 4 cups cold cooked white rice
- 6 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh shrimp, shelled,deveined and diced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked peas
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced water chestnut
- 1⁄4 cup diced boiled ham
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked chicken (may marinate in teriyaki sauce if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup diced Chinese barbecue pork or 1⁄2 cup leftover roast beef or 1⁄2 cup veal
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat 2 T oil.
- Beat eggs with 1/2 tsp salt and scramble in oil until firm, breaking into small pieces.
- Remove and reserve.
- Heat remaining oil.
- Add scallions and shrimp and remaining salt.
- Cook until shrimp turns pinkish.
- Break up lumps of cold cooked rice.
- Add to shrimp.
- Stir until rice is heated and the grains of rice are separated.
- Make a hole in the center of the rice.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients except soy sauce.
- Stir until thoroughly heated and mixed.
- Sprinkle soy sauce over rice and mix evenly through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional chopped scallions if desired.