1/1 Photo of Chinese Fragrant Spareribs
Sue Lau's Note:
Makes a great appetizer that's easy to bake. You can make these ahead of time and just warm them up before serving. Easily doubles or triples, if needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, whisk together soy sauce, plum jelly, water, sherry, garlic, and five-spice powder until jelly dissolves.
- 2Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- 3Pour mixture into a resealable plastic ziplock bag, and add ribs.
- 4Seal bag and coat ribs with sauce, and allow to marinate 3-6 hours, or overnight.
- 5Place ribs on a foil-lined baking pan, and cover with foil; reserving marinade.
- 6Bake ribs at 450°F for 30 minutes.
- 7Remove ribs from oven, and discard top foil.
- 8Drain liquids from baking pan, and turn ribs.
- 9Bake ribs at 350°F for 15-30 minutes more, or until ribs are cooked through, basting several times with reserved marinade.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Fragrant Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (1195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 772.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: