This classic Chinese dish is so simple, but full of flavor! It's one of my favorites, and I order it with nearly every meal in China. You can have this as a side dish, or even a main dish over rice. There are a few different ways to make this; but this way is my personal favorite. Don't be afraid to throw in some ground pork, cumin seeds, more or less eggs or tomatoes, etc. I will frequently drizzle sesame oil on top of the finished dish.
- Scramble the eggs in a non-stick pan, keeping them fairly chunky.
- When eggs are just about done, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the oil to the skillet, and cook the tomatoes for a few minutes.
- Add salt and sugar to the tomatoes.
- Put the eggs back in the skillet, and mix everything together.