1/12 Photos of Chinese Egg Rolls
Delicious egg rolls! I love mine with jalapeño pepper jelly! You can use 1/2 pound of meat for more veggie taste, or a full pound for meatier egg rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 1/2-1 lb ground pork (or chicken or beef)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (not quite the whole bag)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- oil (for frying)
- 1Brown pork with ginger and garlic in pan; drain any grease.
- 2Mix salt, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to pork and mix well.
- 3In large bowl combine cabbage mix and green onions.
- 4Pour hot meat over vegetables and stir well. Let cool slightly.
- 5Lay wrap in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
- 6Place 3 tablespoons pork filling in center of egg roll wrapper.
- 7Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
- 8Fold in right and left points.
- 9Brush beaten egg on top point.
- 10Finish rolling.
- 11Set aside and repeat with remaining filling.
- 12Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to very hot (350ºF).
- 13Fry a few egg rolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side.
- 14Drain on paper towels.
- 15Serve with sweet and sour sauce, plum sauce, hoisin sauce or jalapeño pepper jelly.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (822 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 729.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix