1/2 Photos of Chinese Dumplings
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
B-B-Q Man's Note:
This is an authentic recipe given to me from a friend from Malaysia. It is her Grandfather's recipe who had a store. You'll probably want to double (or triple) the recipe; they are that good. The first four ingredients are for the dough. You can use wonton wrappers instead, just roll them out a little thinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chinese chives (find these in an asian market, you could substitute regular chives or scallions, but it won't be qui)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice (I grate some ginger and press it in a garlic press)
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1For Dough:.
- 2Place flour in a bowl and make a well.
- 3Crack eggs in a separate bowl and lightly whisk.
- 4Add eggs, oil, and half the water and mix together to make a dough.
- 5Add more water as needed. The dough should not be sticky (similar to pasta dough).
- 6Knead dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes.
- 7Cover and set dough aside to rest for 1/2 hour.
- 8For filling:.
- 9Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl to combine. Do not overwork the meat.
- 10Cover filling and put in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour for flavors to blend.
- 11To assemble:.
- 12Roll out dough into sheets, as thin as you can but won't break. I use a pasta roller, it makes it so much easier.
- 13Use a large round cookie cutter (about the size of a tuna can or a little larger) to cut out the rounds.
- 14Fill 1 round with 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture and dampen the edges of the round with water and then seal.
- 15Do the rest of the rounds.
- 16To cook:.
- 17Steam the dumplings for 12 minutes.
- 18You can serve them as is or you can then:.
- 19Stir-fry them in a little peanut oil just until they get a little crispy.
- 20Serve them with your favorite dipping sauces.
- 22If you're not going to eat them right away, after you steam them let them cool off and place them in a zip top bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (969 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 30.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: