An easy, Asian-inspired salad.
Make and share this Chinese Chopped Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head lettuce, favorite type, torn into bit-sized pieces
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped scallion, white and light green parts
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together all salad ingredients EXCEPT sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle top w/ sesame seeds and serve.