An easy, Asian-inspired salad.
Make and share this Chinese Chopped Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head lettuce, favorite type, torn into bit-sized pieces
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped scallion, white and light green parts
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together all salad ingredients EXCEPT sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle top w/ sesame seeds and serve.
I loved the sweet-tanginess of the dressing! I subbed cucumber for the water chestnuts as we don't care for them, but otherwise followed the recipe. The toasted sesame seeds made this salad perfect. Thanks Parsley!!
DH wanted napa cabbage and I wanted lettuce. So we each made our own and loved it. I am going to add some leftover roasted chicken to this for lunch.
What a great, great, salad! This is so wonderful filled with so many good nuggets ~ loved the chow mein noodles in this, as it gave a good little crunch.I added a nice piece of chicken breast on top, and the dressing was perfection! Great way to add cashews to your diet as well. Loved this! Made for Chinese New Year Tag Game 2012