1/2 Photos of Chinese Chicken Wings
6 hrs 20 mins
These are amazing -- so easy and so good! Don't let the amount of pepper scare you these are not peppery just plain good! My dh and I polished off the 3 pounds of chicken wings between us - so unless you are serving these as appetizers the amount these serve may be off a bit. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1984)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons szechwan pepper (I used the rainbow peppercorns that you put in a peppermill) or 2 teaspoons peppercorns (I used the rainbow peppercorns that you put in a peppermill)
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces and crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange peel, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 3 lbs chicken wings (16)
- 1Toast peppercorns in a small skillet over medium low heat, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
- 2Grind peppercorns in a morar and then strain through a sieve. Measure 1/4 teaspoon and set aside.
- 3Combine the 1/4 teaspoon ground peppercorns with next 7 ingredients (sesame oil - ginger)in a bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 4Arrange chicken in a single layer in a baking dish or cookie sheet, pouring marinade over chicken, turn. Cover with plastic wrap.
- 5Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours), turning once.
- 6Bring chicken to room temperature.
- 7Preheat broiler.
- 8Broil 3 minutes or until golden (5-10 minutes).
- 9Turn and continue broiling until done (5-10 minutes), basting with marinade.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2028.1
- Calories from Fat 1470
- Total Fat 163.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.0 g
- Cholesterol 524.3 mg
- Sodium 1507.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 127.6 g