Leslie in Texas's Note:
I found this recipe in a July 1987 issue of Bon Appetit. It's Dinner with a Chinese Accent from a section titled "Easy Summer Menus".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried linguine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 lbs roasted chicken meat
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake or 1/4 cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil (or more to taste)
- 16 water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut julienne
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, about 12 minutes; drain.
- 2Toss with 1 tablespoon sesame oil in bowl.
- 3Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 4Cut chicken meat from breast and legs into 1/4-inch strips; cover and chill.
- 5(Reserve wings for another use.).
- 6Blend tahini, peanut butter and garlic in small bowl.
- 7Gradually mix in remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil, soy sauce, sake', water, safflower oil and 1 teaspoon chili oil; taste and add more chili oil if desired.
- 8Add to noodles; mix in chicken, water chestnuts and half of cucumber.
- 9Transfer to large platter; garnish with remaining cucumber, red bell pepper and green onion.
- 10Sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Salad With Spicy Noodles and Sesame Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (724 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1538.3
- Calories from Fat 554
- Total Fat 61.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 303.0 mg
- Sodium 1774.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 127.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil