My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package Top Ramen noodles (chicken, oriental or pork flavor)
- 2 cans Swanson chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 can water chestnut
- 1 egg, beaten with fork
- 1 chicken breasts or 1/2 cup chicken (leftover) or 1/2 cup turkey (leftover) or 1/2 cup pork (leftover)
- 1/2 cup bok choy or 1/2 cup napa cabbage or 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrots, sliced diagonally in small pieces
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (can be omitted, but gives distinctive taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons scallions, chopped, added at the last minute
- 1This soup changes as the ingredients are available in my refrigerator or on my cupboard shelves.
- 2Takes about 20 minutes from start to table. Start 2 cups of water to boil; add chicken broth.
- 3After stock boils, add the packet of seasoning supplied with Top Ramen.
- 4While broth is boiling, add 1 raw chicken breast (cut in small pieces), the chopped vegetables and the raw egg.
- 5The egg will cook into threads.
- 6Just before serving, add the noodles and the peas, then the sesame oil and scallions.
- 7Don't let soup sit around for long time because vegetables need to be a bit crunchy, cooked soft. If using leftover meat in your soup, just add at the end because it only needs to warm up again.
- 8You can always add another can of chicken broth if soup is too thick or you like more broth.
- 9You may vary the soup with different Chinese type vegetables available. Add some garlic and a dash of hot Chinese mustard.
- 10If using strong vegetables such as broccoli, cut small and don't overcook to avoid the strong flavor.
- 11Remember the noodles are already cooked and they do not need to be cooked, only to absorb the moisture from the broth, which does thicken the soup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 1014.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Top Ramen noodles