Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
All I can say is just try it, you are going to just love this yummy dish!
Make and share this Chinese Chicken in Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut in strips
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Cook celery, geen peppers and carrots in a small amount of water in a saucepan, until tender-crisp; drain, set aside.
- Combine flour, minced garlic, egg, ginger, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well.
- Pound the chicken fillets with a meat mallet.
- Cut into strips.
- Dip the chicken strips into batter; coating well.
- Brown lightly in hot oil, in a large skillet; drain on paper towels.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Stir in brown sugar; cook 1 minute.
- Add in vinegar and tomatoes; bring to a boil again.
- Stir in cornstarch and remaining 1 cup water, gradually.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly; add chicken, cooked veggies and salt to taste.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice.