This is just like paper wrapped chicken from Chinese restaurants. My kids love to make and eat these. Very easy! Time estimates don't include marination.
PAPER WRAPPED CHICKEN
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 40 -50 pieces aluminum foil, cut into 5 x 6 inches
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cut chicken into 1"x1" pieces.
- Place in a shallow pan. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken. Marinate for 2 hours at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in a square of foil. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450º for 12 minutes.
These are strangely addictive little morsels. I found them a little tedious to put together until I got an assembly line going. I used a homemade hoisin sauce which I think has more flavor than store-bought. DH did not care for them, but he could not put his finger on the reason.
These were okay- but weird. Beforehand- I marinated at room temp. for 3 hours. When we were wrapping them, DD got some on her fingers and tasted it. She said it was awesome. Then, once they baked, there was a "strange" taste to them. Maybe it's the fact that they are baked in foil??? IDK- but DH could not eat them AT ALL.
I didn't really this. I marinated it overnight but it was still a but bland. I was looking for a more Chinese flavor with this and was surprised that it was so bland given the pungent smell of the ingredients.My husband thought it was okay but I won't make this again.