1/2 Photos of Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup (Egg Drop)
From Blue Corn and Chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 green onions, finely minced (white parts only, but chop tops and reserve for garnish if desired)
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1In a saucepan, saute the onions and ginger in peanut oil until aromatic (a few minutes).
- 2Add corn, stock, wine, soy sauce and pepper; simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- 3Mix in chicken and sesame oil, and bring just to a simmer.
- 4Pour the egg slowly into the pan in a thin stream, stirring lightly with a fork to form strands.
- 5Garnish with onion tops and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup (Egg Drop)
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 910.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 12.0 g