Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is an amazing soup! A little extra effort required but very worthwhile.
Make and share this Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Place water, garlic, bay leaves and chicken into a large pot.
- Bring to the boil, simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Skim any scum from surface as it cooks.
- Remove chicken and remove the meat from the bones.
- Discard the skin and bones.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Shred the chicken into small pieces and add back to the stock.
- Refrigerate the pot of chicken and stock overnight.
- Next day, remove all of the fat from the top of the stock and throw it away.
- Reheat stock and add the stock powder, corn kernels, creamed corn and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil.
- Put a little water into a cup and mix in the cornflour to a thin paste, then whisk paste into soup.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Pour slowly into hot soup, stirring with a pair of chopsticks, to form thin strands of egg.
- Serve soup garnished with the sliced spring onion.
made this a few times. It's very yummy. I always add sesame oil and sometimes a dash of soy or ginger depending on what I feel like. Sometimes I also add raw grated carrot into the bowls upon serving. I have also used it as a base for just using chicken legs or thigh fillets. thanks for posting
Soup turned out very tasty! This makes a lot of stock with four liters of water so I saved some stock for later use and used two cans of cream corn and one can of whole corn. I also added some fresh grated ginger, some soy sauce, a splash of mirin and a touch of toasted sesame oil. Thanks for the recipe!
"I'm in heaven", is the response I received from my honey when I cooked this. We were looking for something close to the "real thing" and this is sooo... close. Awesome!!!! Thanks!