1/2 Photos of Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup
This is an amazing soup! A little extra effort required but very worthwhile.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water, garlic, bay leaves and chicken into a large pot.
- 2Bring to the boil, simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- 3Skim any scum from surface as it cooks.
- 4Remove chicken and remove the meat from the bones.
- 5Discard the skin and bones.
- 6Remove bay leaves.
- 7Shred the chicken into small pieces and add back to the stock.
- 8Refrigerate the pot of chicken and stock overnight.
- 9Next day, remove all of the fat from the top of the stock and throw it away.
- 10Reheat stock and add the stock powder, corn kernels, creamed corn and salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Bring to boil.
- 12Put a little water into a cup and mix in the cornflour to a thin paste, then whisk paste into soup.
- 13Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- 14Pour slowly into hot soup, stirring with a pair of chopsticks, to form thin strands of egg.
- 15Serve soup garnished with the sliced spring onion.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1030 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.3
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 238.1 mg
- Sodium 503.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 41.1 g