1/1 Photo of Chinese Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
Delicious marinated chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings or 2 1/2 lbs chicken parts (if using wings, divide them at the joints and discard the wing tips -- I use them to make stock)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder or 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1Mix everything but chicken in a large glass bowl or plastic zip-lock bag.
- 2Taste for sweet/sour balance and correct if necessary.
- 3Add chicken and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 (please keep refrigerated).
- 4Arrange chicken in a shallow baking dish and add some marinade if you wish (I have always done it this way without sickness since you then cook everything for quite some time, however, if you're concerned reserve some marinade before you add the chicken).
- 5Baking times/temps vary depending on whether you're making wings or parts- they are as follows: Wings only- set oven to 325 and cook the wings for 1 1/2 hours turning and basting approximately every 1/2 hour.
- 6Chicken parts- set oven to 375 and cook the chicken for approximately 45 minutes turning and basting at the halfway point.
- 7If using boneless skinless breasts I would reduce the cooking time to 30 minutes and then check every 5 minutes until the breasts are cooked through but not dried out.
- 8I serve this with plain white rice, but fried rice would be equally delicious.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.3
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 218.4 mg
- Sodium 2229.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 56.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar