An Asian Twist to Cole Slaw!
Make and share this Chinese Cabbage Salad / Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cabbage (green or napa)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, uncooked and broken into pieces (save seasonings for another use)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Chop cabbage in medium pieces, garlic, ginger, green onions, carrot and red pepper.
- Brown noodles, sunflower seeds,sesame seeds,& almonds in butter (set aside to cool).
- Boil sugar, oil, sesame oil, vinegar, and soy sauce, cool completely.
- I`ve also skipped the boiling and just mixed with no problem!
- Toss everything together just before serving.
- Doesn't stay crunchy if kept overnight!