1 hr 15 mins
It's loose again's Note:
Please resist any temptation to add more ingredients. This is a dish in which the whole is vastly greater than the sum of the parts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour boiling water over chicken and in cavity.
- 2Place chicken, breast side up in a large Chinese clay pot or Dutch oven.
- 3Add water to cover.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook slowly for 40 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cut the cabbage in half vertically. Cut each half into 3 pieces.
- 6Remove chicken, add cabbage, and return chicken to the pot, breast side down. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 20 minutes.
- 7Move chicken and cabbage to a platter.
- 8Add salt and wine to the broth.
- 9When cool enough to handle, pick meat from the carcass and add to the broth, discarding skin and bones. Add reserved cabbage, reheat, and serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Cabbage and Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.9
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 162.5 mg
- Sodium 538.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: