1/2 Photos of Chinese Buddha's Delight
1 hr 25 mins
I always order this dish when we go to Chinese restaurants, so I was so excited to find this recipe in the Jan. 2005 issue of Cooking Light! This is the recipe, with a few of my variations. If you're craving tons of spice, this isn't for you; however, its subtle, healthy flavor is something I quite enjoy. Cook time includes marinating time. (NUTRITION PER SERVING CALORIES 378(28% from fat); FAT 11.6g (sat 1.6g,mono 4.7g,poly 4.7g); PROTEIN 15.8g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 129mg; SODIUM 698mg; FIBER 9.3g; IRON 4.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 55.9g)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) package water-packed extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups carrots (1/4-inch diagonally sliced)
- 1/2 cup peeled chopped broccoli stem
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole baby corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients, tossing to coat.
- 2Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- 3Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving marinade.
- 4Cook broccoli florets, carrot, and broccoli stems in boiling water 1 1/2 minutes.
- 5Drain these vegetables.
- 6Plunge into ice water.
- 8Heat canola oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Add tofu.
- 10Stir-fry 5 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides.
- 11Stir in onions, ginger, and garlic.
- 12Stir-fry 30 seconds.
- 13Stir in broccoli mixture, snow peas, corn, and water chestnuts.
- 14Stir-fry 1 minute.
- 15Combine broth and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk.
- 16Add cornstarch mixture, reserved marinade, and salt to pan.
- 17Bring to a boil.
- 18Cook 2 1/2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- 19Serve over brown rice.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Buddha's Delight
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 559.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: