Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Braised beef with egg noodles and Chinese seasonings.
Make and share this Chinese Braised Beef and Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles
- 1 lb lean beef
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup duck broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Cook the noodles in salted boiling water just until tender; drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Cut the beef into very thin slices.
- Mix together the garlic, salt, ginger, and five-spice powder, and add the mixture to the beef; mix.
- Heat the oil and saute the beef over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Mix together the soy sauce and broth, and add it to the beef; bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with the remaining 4 tsp water, stir into the beef and cook until smooth and thick.
- Add noodles, mix well and heat thoroughly.
- Add the green onions, and stir for another minute.
- Serve immediately.
I thought it did not have enough kick in the flavour. Not a fav of mine but like the base recipe.
I liked the underlying flavor, but even with low sodium chicken broth, it was extremely salty :( I liked how easy it was, but it just tastes like noodles in saucy heart attack :(
I made this last night and I thought it was very good. I made a few changes based on personal preference, and what I had on hand. I used ground ginger (fresh would have been better), I added snap peas, carrots, and a whole sliced onion (next time I would add even more veggies), I doubled the sauce, omitted the salt, and added crushed red pepper. We all enjoied this one, and I'll definately make this again!