1/17 Photos of Chinese Beef With Broccoli
Beef with Broccoli is a famous stir fry Chinese dish. Almost all restaurants serve this. I got this recipe from my Mom. Everyone in our family just loves her cooking and it tastes just like the one we buy from the Chinese restaurants. This is actually very quick to make after the marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 kg beef sirloin tip, sliced thinly into strips (like sukiyaki-thin)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 green onions, cut into small pieces about 1/2 inch
- 1 head broccoli, cut diagonally across the stem into small florettes
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1/4 cup water, approx. just for it not to be dry and to have a little sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1Pound sliced meat strips with the back of the knife until tender. Set aside.
- 2Combine cornstarch and rice wine.
- 3Add meat to cornstarch and rice wine mixture and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- 4Combine Kikkoman soy sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- 5In the meantime, cut the broccoli into small florets, cutting the small stems diagonally; discard the big stalk.
- 6Heat oil in a wok over medium flame.
- 7Stir fry marinated beef; keep stirring until it changes color, but only until it's half done (half color).
- 8Add onions and the kikkoman with sugar mixture.
- 9Add the broccoli and oyster sauce; keep stirring for 5 minutes or until cooked; while adding also a pinch of baking soda to the broccoli.
- 10Add 1/4 cup water and stir fry for another minute.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Beef With Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1528.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef sirloin tip